Orinda Grove by Pulte Group, Inc.
On May 17, 2005, the City received a formal application from Pulte Homes, Inc. for development of the 11-acre Pine Grove site and the adjacent 3.1-acre City-owned ball fields. The development proposal contained 80 homes (later revised to 73 homes), relocation of the City-owned ball fields to the area near the northwesterly corner of the project site, and construction of an approximately 6,000 square foot Orinda Union School District (OUSD) office building to replace the District offices on the site.
On July 22, 2008 the Planning Commission certified the Final Environmental Impact Report for the project and approved the vesting tentative map, design review, tree removal, sign, and exception applications and recommended that the City Council approve the General Plan Land Use and Zoning Map amendments and planned development plan application for the Project.
On August 19, 2008 the City Council approved the General Plan Land Use Map and Zoning Map amendments and a Planned Development Plan application for the development project.
Groundbreaking occurred in July 2012. Mass grading, primary retaining walls, underground utilities and roads in the subdivision were substantially complete by October 2013.
Four model homes are complete and were opened to the public on October 19, 2013 and as of October 21, 2013, foundations have been installed for eight additional homes, and the OUSD office building is in the framing stage of construction.
Planning Commission Staff Reports
- Planning Commission Staff Report, Part 1, Exhibits A and B - July 22, 2008 (PDF)
- Planning Commission Staff Report, Part 2, Exhibits C and D - July 22, 2008 (PDF)
- Planning Commission Staff Report, Part 3, Exhibits E and F - July 22, 2008 (PDF)
- Planning Commission Staff Report, Part 4, Exhibits G-K - July 22, 2008 (PDF)
- Planning Commission Staff Report, Part 5, Exhibits L-N - July 22, 2008 (PDF)
- Planning Commission Staff Report, Part 6, Exhibits O-Q - July 22, 2008 (PDF)