Lamorinda Trails Challenge
May 1 - October 31, 2019
The City of Orinda Parks and Recreation Department is thrilled to announce a recent partnership for the Lamorinda communities. Orinda Parks and Recreation, Lafayette Parks, Trails & Recreation, in addition to Moraga Parks and Recreation, have collaborated on the inaugural Lamorinda Trails Challenge starting May 1 through October 31, 2019.
This challenge invites you to explore your local trails while delivering a vast number of health benefits to your mind, body and soul. This program is free and designed for all ages and fitness levels. The best part about this challenge, other than exploring and finding new trails within your Lamorinda community, is the self-guided format that allows you to complete the challenge at your own pace. Please share your pictures with us on social media using #LamorindaTrails.
There are two ways to complete the challenge:
- Go the Distance - complete 26.2 miles on Lamorinda Trails
- Complete the Objectives - fulfill five of the eight objectives listed in the Trail Challenge Guidebook
Beginning May 1, the Trail Challenge guidebooks and t-shirts are FREE (while supplies last), and can be picked up at the various department’s. For locations please refer to the list below:
- Lafayette: Lafayette Community Center, 500 St. Mary’s Road, Lafayette, CA 94549
- Moraga: Hacienda De Las Flores, 2100 Donald Drive, Moraga, CA, 94556
- Orinda: Orinda Community Center, 28 Orinda Way, Orinda, CA 94563
Upon completion of the challenge, submit your “Trails Completion Log” to your local Recreation Department. Once you submit the trails log, we will send you will receive a commemorative pin (while supplies last).
Trail Challenge Kickoff!
Join your friends and neighbors for this exciting challenge scheduled to run May 1 through October 31, 2019. Kick-off events are planned for Saturday, May 4 at 8:00 a.m. at the following locations:
- Lafayette: Lafayette Reservoir
- Moraga: Moraga Commons Park
- Orinda: Donald Drive Open Space Reserve