Short-Term Rental Registration & Transient Occupancy Tax
- Complete the Short Term Rental Registration Form with the attached Supplemental Tax Registration Certificate Application.
- Submit both documents to the Planning Department along with payment of $103. Registration can be completed via mail or in person during Planning Department permit counter hours: Monday - Thursday 12:30 - 5:00 PM
- Registration is valid for one year and must be renewed annually along with a renewal fee of $51. Tax Certificate does not require renewal.
Transient Occupancy Tax
Short-Term Rental property owners must pay a quarterly transient occupancy tax (TOT). The quarterly tax return form will be provided by the Finance Department upon issuance of a TOT registration certificate. You can apply for a Registration Certificate by filling out this application and submitting it the Finance Department, or you can return it to Planning with your Short Term Registration Application.
The Transient Occupancy Tax Return, including tax remittance, is due quarterly, on the last day of the month following the quarter (Calendar is provided on the TOT Quarterly form).
If the tax return is late, the penalty and interest section is provided to assist in the calculations.
- Registration is to be renewed on an annual basis.
- Registration is non-transferable.
- The rental unit can not be used for any use that would require a Temporary Event Permit
- The maximum occupancy of any space used for Short-Term rental is two people per bedroom plus an additional three people, calculated based on the total number of bedrooms on the property.
- Only one short-term rental can take place on a single property at any given time.
- The property owner and operator (if applicable) are jointly responsible for ensuring the rental space complies with all local, state, and federal health and safety requirements.
- The property owner and operator (if applicable) are jointly responsible for compliance with all City regulations, including those regarding noise, parking, and occupancy.
- A local contact person must be available 24 hours a day to accept phone calls and respond in person within 30 minutes if code compliance issues arise.